Photo Credit: Jeremy D'Entremont
Green Island is near the town of Brooklin, Maine, at the western edge of Blue Hill Bay. The lighthouse was established in 1857 by authorization of President Franklin Pierce to help guide mariners into Eggemoggin Reach.
The lighthouse is best seen from the water. It is privately owned and was restored in 1995.
Location: Greeen Island, Blue Hill Bay
More information on the town of Brooklin
East Penobscot Bay Region