The museum is located in the former St. Edward's Convent. The convent was the frequent summer residence of St. Katherine Drexel (1858-1955), the second American-born person canonized as a saint. The building is included on the National Register of Historic Places. The museum is open everyday except Sunday, 1 pm to 4 pm, mid-June to mid-October. The museum's collection of photographs, research archives, newspaper microfilm, etc. may be viewed by appointment.